Palliative Care Tasmania (PCT) is the peak representative body for palliative care in Tasmania. PCT is affiliated with Palliative Care Australia and works to ensure all Tasmanians, no matter where they live, have access to quality palliative care support and services.
We do this by:
- Providing support to Tasmanians with a life-limiting illness and their families.
- Educating service providers, carers, volunteers and the community about palliative care and best practice standards.
- Providing information about palliative care services across Tasmania.
- Supporting continuous development of best practice standards.
- Supporting workers involved in the care of people who are dying.
- Advocating for service provision and its future development.
Upcoming Training and Events
Palliative Care Tasmania State Conference
The 2019 Palliative Care Tasmania State Conference will be held in Hobart on Thursday & Friday, 14-15 November 2019. This event will bring together the leaders in palliative care from across the State for a two-day discussion on the future of the sector and how we can work together to ensure the best possible services for Tasmanians with a life-limiting illness. We have a number of local, national and international speakers lined up for this event, and are calling for abstract submissions to help ensure the conference workshops retain a strong Tasmanian focus.
For further information, visit https://www.taspallcareconference.com.au/, or contact Naomi Will on 0439 336 511 or email@example.com.
Oceanic Palliative Care Conference 2019
The biennial Oceanic Palliative Care Conference, 19OPCC, formerly known as the Australian Palliative Care Conference, is the pre-eminent event in the Oceanic region for anyone who is interested in quality palliative care at the end of life.
Don’t miss out on your chance to attend this unrivalled personal development opportunity and to network with industry leaders from the Oceanic region.
At 19OPCC, you will:
- Have the opportunity to meet more than 900 other attendees
- Interact with the decision makers of today, the future leaders of tomorrow, those who influence policy and the people involved in the latest palliative care research
- Engage in a great social and self-care program
- Participate in a variety of workshops and site-visits to provide in-depth learning experiences