The theme for NPCW 2021 is: “Palliative Care It’s more than you think.”
The theme highlights that palliative care is more than only end-of-life care and physical symptom management. It is so much more than that. Palliative care is care that helps people (from babies to older adults) live their life as well as possible for as long as possible, when living with a life-limiting or terminal illness .It is person and family-centred care that considers the individual’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs, as well as the needs of their loved ones and carers
Palliative Care Tasmania (PCT) represents all those who work towards high-quality palliative care for all Tasmanians. We raise awareness of palliative care and encourage the community to talk about the important issues surrounding death and dying.
National Palliative Care Week 2021, held from Sunday, 23 May – Saturday, 29 May, seeks to raise awareness about the many benefits of quality palliative care.
National Palliative Care Week 2021
During National Palliative Care Week
- Keep your TV’s on to see the launch of the ‘It’s more than you think TVC campaign that will run for 6 weeks
- Southern Cross TAS
- Nine Tasmania
- SBS Tasmania
- SBS Food
- 7TWO TAS
- GEM TAS
- Look our for the the Palliative Care print feature in the Advocate and The Examiner on May 21st
- We will also be in you social media feeds over the coming weeks and we’d love to hear your stories – you can also get involved with the hashtags #NPCW21 #itsmorethanyouthink #pallcaretas
- We will be ‘Lighting Up Launceston’ in orange and blue.
- We have events on all over the state and online.
- Everyday we will be visiting and celebrating with our specialist palliative care units.
- We will be hosting an in person special event in Launceston on Tuesday 25th of May – TBC. Book your place here.
- Online community event will also be held, our very popular Grief and Loss online event will be on Wednesday 26th at 10am. Book your place here.
Parliamentary Friends of Palliative Care – Live Webcast on Wednesday 26 May – 12pm midday AEDT with host, ABC Australia presenter Di Darmody during National Palliative Care Week as we explore these issues, discuss the key findings from the latest survey examining Australians’ attitudes and awareness of palliative care, and reveal our innovative national education campaign – Palliative Care It’s more than you think. which has been created to challenge perceptions and engage the community in a conversation about the benefits of palliative care.
- Our Community team will also be holding bespoke events for GP’s and Residential Aged Care groups.
- We are also very excited will be releasing resources
- 1) A Dementia and Palliatives Care Resource and
- 2) Webinar about Palliative and Aged Care.
If you would like resources, please reach out to the team at PCT and we can support you with
- Palliative Care Pins
- Promotional Posters
- Brochures and postcards
For Media enquiries, more information or collateral please contact Veney Hiller firstname.lastname@example.org