- This event has passed.
Community Connection: Advance Care Planning
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| Free
Free community education sessions about end-of-life issues. Learn how to plan, what to consider, who is involved in care, how to stay well for longer, how to support others, advance care planning and how to have conversations around end of life wishes. Be informed and understand how to take more control over your life and end-of-life.
- What is advance care planning (ACP)?
- The Benefits of ACP
- Advance Care Planning & Advance Care Directives (ACD)
- When are ACD’s used and who should have one?
- Legalities of Advance Care Planning in Tasmania
- The Tasmanian ACD
- Understand substituted decision-making options in Tasmania
Sessions suitable for anyone who wants to understand more about planning ahead, how to support themselves and/others.
Facilitated sessions on key topics such as: Advance care planning, starting difficult conversations, End of life – checklist, supporting youth through grief and self-care. Sessions can be adapted to suit community groups.
Free but registration is required.