Community Connection: Grief, Loss and Supporting Others
April 29 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| Free
Free community education sessions about end-of-life issues. Learn how to plan, what to consider, who is involved in care, how to stay well for longer, how to support others, advance care planning and how to have conversations around end of life wishes. Be informed and understand how to take more control over your life and end-of-life.
- Understanding that grief and bereavement are different
- Reactions to grief
- Different types of losses people may encounter
- Positive communication skills to support someone who is grieving
- Well-being and resilience in changing climates
- Supporting others and caring for yourself if you are grieving
Sessions suitable for anyone who wants to understand more about planning ahead, how to support themselves and/others.
Facilitated sessions on key topics such as: Advance care planning, starting difficult conversations, End of life – checklist, supporting youth through grief and self-care. Sessions can be adapted to suit community groups.
Free but registration is required.