End of Life Choices, Planning Ahead
September 8 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm| Free
•What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
• Benefits of ACP and explaining these topatients/clients/residents.
• Understanding capacity and when an AdvanceCare Directive (ACD) would be used.
• Legalities of ACD and substitute decision-makers.
• Substitute decision maker – options and considerations.
• What should you include in an ACD?
• Palliative care framework and ACP/ACD – case studies/scenarios.
• How to start/have a conversation about end of life care wishes.
• ACP and considerations for specific populations (i.e. Tas Aboriginal, CALD/LGBTIQ).
• Tools to assist in writing an ACD – have a go at writing one for yourself.
This online session is FREE to attend. Once you register, we will be in touch with a link and additional resources to ensure you are well prepared for the session.