End of Life Choices, Planning Ahead
December 3 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm| Free – $25
• What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
• Benefits of ACP and explaining these to patients/clients/residents.
• Understanding capacity and when an Advance Care Directive (ACD) would be used.
• Legalities of ACD and substitute decision-makers.
• Substitute decision maker – options and considerations.
• What should you include in an ACD?
• Palliative care framework and ACP/ACD – case studies/scenarios.
• How to start/have a conversation about end of life care wishes.
• ACP and considerations for specific populations (i.e. Tas Aboriginal, CALD/LGBTIQ).
• Tools to assist in writing an ACD – have a go at writing one for yourself.
PCT Members – Free
Once you register, we will send you confirmation by email.
Closer to the session date, we will email you the session link and additional resources to ensure you are well prepared for the session.