- This event has passed.
End of Life Choices, Planning Ahead
April 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
Topic – End of Life Choices, Planning Ahead
- What is Advance Care Planning (ACP)?
o Benefits of ACP and explaining these to patients/clients/residents.
o Understanding capacity and when an Advance Care Directive (ACD) would be used.
o Legalities of ACD and substitute decision-makers.
o Substitute decision-maker – options and considerations.
- What should you include in an ACD?
- Palliative care framework and ACP/ACD – case studies/scenarios.
- How to start/have a conversation about end of life care wishes.
- ACP and considerations for specific populations (i.e. Tasmanian Aboriginal, CALD/LGBTIQ).
- Tools to assist in writing an ACD – have a go at writing one for yourself.