- This event has passed.
Grief, Loss and Supporting Others
June 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Topic – Grief, Loss and Supporting Others
- Grief and loss theories – older and contemporary.
- Basic understanding of the needs of people who are grieving.
- How to support someone who is grieving.
- Communication – what to say/what not to say.
- Anticipatory grief, losses moving into residential aged care, dementia and complicated grief.
- Importance of rituals when grieving/bereavement process.
- How to care for yourself if you are grieving or supporting a grieving person.
- Resilient grieving, self-care and strategies to look after yourself.