- This event has passed.
Palliative Care, Ageing and Wellbeing
August 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm| Free
• Understanding the ageing process.
• Signs of ageing and how to prevent/slow down the ageing process.
• Nutrition – important nutrients and other nutritional considerations.
• Exercise – types, maintaining muscle mass (i.e. use it or lose it).
• Nutrition in Palliative Care – value of food at end of life, using appropriate language.
• Comfort and nutritional requirements at end of life.
• Lifestyle factors to reduce cognitive decline and dementia.
• Nutrition, exercise, socialisation, sleep, environment, mental activity.