Speaker Series: Healthy Dying for people with disabilities with Gabrielle Quilliam
April 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
What is Speaker Series?
Palliative Care Tasmania’s ‘Compassionate Communities Speaker Series’ is a great mix of industry experts covering specialty topics in end-of-life care including diverse topics such as legal, guardianship, finance, mental health, grief and more.
This is your chance to access specialty information that informs the broader supports available for someone diagnosed with a terminal illness/ who is older and frail and for those that are supporting/ caring for them.
Our guest speaker Gabrielle Quilliam from Li-Ve Tas will provide:
- An overview of disability and its potential impact on people’s capacity to articulate their health history, symptoms, communicate their needs and negotiate Palliative Care services
- Insight into disability care settings and the role of the support worker if a person with disability requires palliative care
- Quick tips to improve your communication with a person with disability
- Insight into the experience of grief and loss for people with disability
- A guide to helpful resources that can assist Palliative Care staff or carers when providing palliative care to a person with disability
Health care professionals providing information to the public, Aged Care staff, Carers, Volunteers, HACC or CHSP providers, community groups and individuals.
1-hour online session with live Q&A as part of the session.
Free. Please RSVP above.