Palliative Care Tasmania’s future has been secured for the next two years (until 2022) with the Government’s announcement of $1 million dollars for us to continue our vital work in the community.
The aim of our work is to:
- Increase community awareness and understanding of palliative care.
- Increase community understanding of grief and loss.
- Build compassionate communities through workforce development and cultural change.
- Support community recognition that death is a natural part of life and increase death literacy.
- Provide advocacy and lead palliative and end of life policy development.
PCT works closely with community groups, service providers and government organisations. If you would like to know more about how we can support you and your organisation, click here to read more.
PCT will continue to represent the palliative care sector in Tasmania and lobby for good quality care for all Tasmanians into the future. If you are aware of a palliative care issue or cause that you believe needs to be lobbied for, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.