Palliative Care Tasmania’s future has been secured for the next two years (until 2022) with the Government’s announcement of $1 million dollars for us to continue our vital work in the community.
The aim of our work is to:
- Increase community awareness and understanding of palliative care.
- Increase community understanding of grief and loss.
- Build compassionate communities through workforce development and cultural change.
- Support community recognition that death is a natural part of life and increase death literacy.
- Provide advocacy and lead palliative and end of life policy development.